Sunday, June 17, 2012

Anaheim, you rule.

Weeellpp, last weekend, KC and I went to Anaheim for a couple shows. Because we're broke, we stayed in the Motel 6 near Disneyland, but the hotel was really nice. Surprise, surprise! But anyway, Thursday (June 7th) we saw The Maine/Lydia/The Arkells and were blown away. KC had brought a huge bag of candy for the boys in The Maine 'cause she works at a candy shop, so we sat on my tailgate near the busses/back of the venue hoping to catch a glimpse of them so they could get the candy. Alas, no such luck. We ended up only about 3 rows back from the stage, which is pretty good seeing as we didn't get in line until they started opening the doors. I tried to stay up front the whole show but couldn't do it. KC and I then went outside during the middle of The Maine's set so I could smoke and we ended up having a nice little conversation with Max from The Arkells (who is a complete SWEETIE by the way). Blah blah blah, the show ended, everyone ran to the back where the band would be doing meet and greet (through a small fence haha) so I went and sat on the roof of my truck until the crowd died down a bit. KC met all of the boys and I got to meet Garrett and Jared (who is one of my biggest inspirations for playing guitar) so I was completely content. Around 1 we went to Denny's to eat and revel in the greatness of the show (as usual). Got back to the hotel and slept like babies. Friday, June 8th, we saw The Early November, The Swellers, The Wonder Years, and Young Statues. We spent most of the day in Downtown Disney (seeing as the show was at the House of Blues) with our friend from Tumblr, Lauren! She is perfect and amazing and we are a big happy family now. The three of us had dinner at the HOB in order to skip the line, but we did it wrong and didn't spend enough money (our server told us the wrong rules!) but the door guy let us in first anyway. I love him. We were at the barrier for Young Statues (whom i fell IN LOVE with) and The Swellers (whom I already loved), then Lauren and I left cause it was getting crazy. The Wonder Years' crowd was INSANE and so great. I mean, I'm glad I wasn't in the middle of it 'cause I would've ended up in the hospital..but it was great to watch (from the back of the venue). Then, of course, everyone went NUTS for The Early November. I'm not a diehard fan of theirs but goddamn they put on a beautiful show. Loved every second of it. As the three of us were leaving the venue, I get a tweet from The Swellers saying that a mutual friend of ours mentioned to them that I had a hotel room here because they had nowhere to stay that night, and what was I going to say? No? I don't think so. KC and I then took Lauren home, then rushed back to the hotel room to clean up before the boys arrived. So, KC and myself had the honor of housing The Swellers boys for the night (no funny business, of course, though) which was cool, but being in a room with a bunch of guys in their boxers was completely awkward. It's cool though, they're all great guys (band and crew) who were very grateful. Called in to work Saturday had Denny's for breakfast before we left Anaheim to go home. All in all, completely successful trip. Warped Tour is this Friday. Cannot wait at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment