Saturday, March 24, 2012

Impromptu trip to Long Beach, Ca last night.

With Evan and Jade. We went down there for Derrick Brown's final poetry show before he goes on "hiatus" (I hate that word.). It was in this huge, 90 year old church. Massive. Ridiculous. We listened to a band called Two Guns play first, and I think I'm in love with their musical abilities. Jeremy Radin performed a few spoken word pieces, and so did Mindy Nettifee. Both of those poets are absolutely phenomenal. And last up was Derrick. I almost cried. He's my favorite poet and this was my first time seeing him perform. This was also the last time he would be performing for a while. So, I am so grateful that we got to go. The weather was beautiful and I got Taco Bell after the show cause I had to drive home because Evan had been drinking. Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment