Sunday, March 11, 2012

A brief recap of last month.

February 12th: KC and I went to Anaheim to see YMAS, The Swellers, Twin Atlantic, and We Are The Ocean. It was supposed to be a nice little trip, but we ended up with a third wheel who had a major crush on KC. Needless to say, it was very awkward and cramped in my tiny single-cab pickup. Once we got to the venue (Chain Reaction), our third wheel walked to the nearest grocery store to buy alcohol for himself because this was an all-ages venue. KC and I got in line and soon realized a HUGE dilemma. The show was sold out. I already had my ticket, but we had yet to buy hers. So we just stood in line. Like fools. Once we got to the front, we saw that the ticket booth was still open so we ran over and I flashed my ticket and a smile to the guy behind the glass, AND HE SOLD US A TICKET. Nicest chap ever. Once we were inside, our third wheel found us again, but he had brought his new friends over as well! Basically, the entire night, we were stuck with a bunch of drunk people. One had a fake leg and looked like Ryan Gosling. He kept putting jackets on my head. It was really, really weird. But overall, the show was fantastic even though we were stuck off to the side for the whole thing. All of the bands did great. Bought 4 CDs. Oops.

February 14th: Ahhh Valentines Day! This was quite possibly the best Vday in my history of Vdays. KC and I meant to leave town around 8am or so, but ended up leaving around 11. We never get out on time. No matter what. Anyways, we were on our way, blasting music down the freeway..wind in our hair..nothing was stopping us! Except for the fact that once we had gotten halfway there, I realized I had forgotten the tickets. So we drove all the way back, got the tickets, and NOW we were on our way! We arrived at the Atticus store in Hollywood just in time to catch the last of You Me At Six's acoustic set, and we stuck around to see The Swellers (awesome Hellogoodbye cover, by the way) and Twin Atlantic. All of the above were flawless. After that, drove straight to the venue to try and get a good spot. Pfftttttt. Ended up trying to find parking for half and hour (SERIOUSLY LA?! SERIOUSLY?) and wound up parking 2 blocks away. Got in line, stood in line for what felt like forever, finally got in the venue. This time, we were able to get 2nd row from the stage. Which is still terrible because I am a whopping 4'10" and I am unable to see anything unless I am at the very front. But enough whining. KC took pictures the entire time while I jumped around like an spastic little 5 year old. I don't do that often. Most of the time, I'm that one person who looks like they're having the worst time ever, when in reality, I'm the one having the BEST time. Booyah! Towards the end of the show, I went to the merch tables and bought another Swellers CD and their merch guy gave me a Valentine. It was the nicest thing ever. Met a lot of people that night. But I'm also painfully shy so KC did most of the talking. We also met Sam McTrusty of Twin Atlantic. That accent could melt gold off of..gold. I don't know. He's a nice guy. We then walked back to the truck to start our 2.5 hour journey home. I almost fell asleep a few times. Don't tell KC.

No comments:

Post a Comment